2008-04-08

Thinking Out Loud

On our four hour drive home from Carcasonne last week, my sister-in-law asked me if I could live here forever.

The answer is, I don't know.

I love the excitement and mystery of navigating a new world in a new language. But when the language is conquered (is that possible?), will the lack of mystery take the excitement out of living in France?

I've been reflecting on her question for the last few days, and I've come to this conclusion: I could live just about anywhere and be totally happy as long as I had

1) My family with me
2) The ability to feel in control of my life
3) Friends

One of the best things about this experience in France is the friends we have made here. I'm constantly amazed at the importance of close personal relationships and how one friend can make a world of difference. When it is time to go back to the U.S., it is the people I will miss the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home