2008-01-04

99 Red Balloons

Today must have been 80's day at the gym because this video came on right after Relax, and right before We Are The World. What a triumvirate. Little known fact: Bob Dylan sings in We Are The World. It looks like he was coked up during the shoot, but he managed to mumble his way through it, like always. Anyway, he wrote one of the 100 greatest songs of all time, so I guess he's earned the right to do as much coke as he wants.

Anyway, this classic German dance hit was released in the US when I was 13 or 14 years old. All the kids at Desert Shadows Middle School enjoyed its fantastic beat and excellent lyrics, such as "Worry worry super skurry, call the troops out in a hurry." And it helped get us into the Scorpions, another German band who sang in English and had album covers showing dudes with forks their eyes. And why not Nena and the Scorpions? Those Germans are all the same, right? Seriously, how did we get through the 80's? I mean you've got to be kidding me.

If you prefer the German version, which probably has the same lyrics but uses 18 times more letters to say it, you can see it HERE.

By the way, we're going out tonight with our friends Pascaline and Nicholas to watch some movie about Bob Dylan. It's in English with French subtitles, but I hope I can understand it. All that guy does is mumble. He's like Stasha, mumbling all the time. Whenever she talks from across the room I'm like "WHAT? WHAT DID YOU SAY?" I need one of those long horns to stick in my ear. Maybe I'm going deaf. I am getting pretty old. I think I need to go lie down.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home