2008-02-03

Real Estate in Mougins



Just as I am in Phoenix, I am obsessed with real estate in France. I troll the websites for run-down farmhouses or castles (trop cher in Mougins) hoping to find my very own ruin to renovate.

Here are the details on this "beauty" (translate:needs renovation) above:
Surface : 95 m²
• Pièces : 3
• Chambres : 2
• Toilettes : 1
• Terrasse : 1
• Box : 1
• Calme

So that is 1,022 square feet, with two bedrooms and one bath. One garage (if you own a very small car!) and a decent view of the old village of Mougins.

This house sold for 650,000 euros in one week. At today's exchange rate, that is $962,456.78.

I'm not sure what is going on in areas like San Diego or LA, but Mougins is minimum 15 minutes from a beach, and you can definitely not walk there. Doesn't seem like a huge bargain, considering they probably had to pay another 7% on top of the 650k in agency/notary fees.

I don't have a point, really, but I will let you know if I find my 18th century farmhouse to renovate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home