2008-06-19

The other day I wrote my first French cheque. Seems a little silly to be excited about something so normal, but checks are a little different in every country, so it's funny to be an adult asking for help to fill out a check because you don't know what to do. I remember this same experience in England, asking the gardener how to fill out the check, and she laughed at me.

I also found this interesting because in the US I almost never write checks. I use my debit card, my credit card, the bills are on auto-pay, or I fill out an e-pay online and the bank sends the money to the recipient.

I'll let you know when I use my debit card for the first time. I'm afraid to activate it, because I might be tempted to go shopping!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Why do you need this checking account if you are returning to the U.S. next week?
Is there something you're not telling us? ;)

19.6.08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I 2nd Sue's question. I wondered the same thing. BTW, I left Paris in 2000 with about $100 in my French bank acct. Oops. Back to Sue's question...

20.6.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home