2008-02-24

Food funnies

After we stayed in Paris for four days, my sisters and brother came down to Mougins to see another side of France. This included the grocery store, which can be a very interesting place. Like in the "International Foods" section you can find strange items from far off lands, like "Uncle Ben's Rice" and "Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce."

My older sister loves to bake and I stink at it, so I was thrilled when she decided to make a few things like cinnamon rolls, dream bars, chicken pot pie and lemon squares.

Just a few minor glitches in the plans, like the fact that we couldn't find shortening or brown sugar, or fresh shredded coconut to make the dream bars.

However, despite the fact that there is no mixer in my kitchen, the cinnamons rolls were delicious. It was quite humorous to see her making frosting with a stick mixer . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to enjoy some home-baked goodness. I know her family will be glad to have her back.

24.2.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home