2008-05-17

it's my birthday

At 1:08 p.m. on May 17th, 1974, my parents welcomed into this world their 5th child. They already had two boys and two girls, in that order. The perfect family! But I guess the idea of (at least!) one more tiny bundle was too much to resist and I was born.

So here I am now, 34 years old. I've had my lovely days doing cartwheels, made it through awkward skin problems and terrible hair style choices (sun-in bangs!), and now I'm just one year away from being 35.

Turning 34 is kind of like turning 11. You're already double digits, but you're not a teenager yet. So the birthday sort of comes and goes without much thought.

Luckily for me, I have a great family to send me birthday cheer from afar, a great husband to make me french toast, great kids that can sing to me in french and english, and some great friends who know how to put a smile on my face on my special day.

A handmade cake, gifts, and 41 macarons--now that's a great birthday!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tiffani said...

Happy Birthday Stasha! Welcome to 34! I was just remembering last year when we went to Cheesecake Factory for your b-day and we watched the finale of American Idol in the restaurant.I bet that seems like a lifetime away considering all you've done this past year! Lots of love!

17.5.08  
Blogger The Telfers at Warragal Park said...

Just two days until my birthday too! But I was nearly 9 when you were born...
Happy birthday, and your family photos look fantastic. What a great birthday present!
Caro.

17.5.08  
Blogger nicole hill gerulat said...

all those macarons just for you? happy happy birthday!

17.5.08  
Blogger Courtney said...

Happy birthday! Too bad you aren't here for a birthday dinner - I could really use a night out!

18.5.08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. You'll never forget turning 34 in beautiful france! Enjoy your day.

18.5.08  
Blogger hughes family said...

Happy Birthday Stasha! Looks like you have plenty of yummy sweets to enjoy your big day!

18.5.08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea for birthdays filled with macaroons! :) Happy Birthday, big sister!

18.5.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home