2008-03-24

La Napoule Art Foundation

This pretty house is right near the little beach near the Chateau LaNapoule. My sister took this picture because it was pretty, but then later we found out that the house was and is still used to house artists, thanks to La Napoule Art Foundation.

A few weeks ago when we were at the beach, a young woman approached me and asked me in French if Sophie and Mailys were my kids. When I replied, she recognized that I was not French, and began speaking in English.

She introduced me to her friend, Rachelle, from New York. They were both enjoying eight weeks of artist residency at the Chateau. So cool! Rachelle wanted to photograph the girls together, and so a week or so later we got together and she did just that.

She has left for NY already, and her pictures were real film, but I can't wait to see them in a few weeks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's really cool!
I can't wait to see the pictures too.

24.3.08  
Blogger Melissa said...

oh beautiful house!!!

24.3.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home