2008-06-26

phoenix

A few "Dave thoughts" based on 24 hours back in Arizona:
  • Gas is $10 a gallon in Mougins, but it hurt much more to pay $4.12 per gallon here. How can gas cost $4.12 a gallon?
  • There seem to be more "for sale" signs up than ever before. I haven't seen any buyers.
  • The roads here are really wide. I love them.
  • I saw three Hummers today. I hate you, Hummers.
  • The land on the Northeast corner of 67th Avenue and Happy Valley Road has been transformed since we left. There's a Wal-Mart "Neighborhood Market" there now. What is that?
  • Since I still don't have an ipod, I've spent a lot of time with iTunes, listening to the music I haven't heard in months. Like the Goo Goo Dolls. And Keane. And John Mayer. I still listen to plenty of Blink 182 and Metallica, but it's the gay stuff that I've missed. John Mayer is a genius.
  • We lived in a beautiful house in Mougins. It was a wonderful place to spend a year. But there is nothing like being in your own house. It's just something that feels like home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Our Juicy Life said...

welcome back to the good ole us of a. I loved reading your blog about your year in france and so admire you for doing it, taking the kids to a foreign country and now they know french. it's wonderful and a life long experience for them. i hope you all keep up the blog, we leave in september for 1 year in france and it will be interesting to see how things change and/or are different in the us.

27.6.08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home